
This is the first day of spring but not a nice day for us. Our beloved hamster Lilly left us this morning. My daughter is desperate. She was the fifth member of our family and we loved her dearly. She was my daughter’s first pet and mine as well. I did not think I could feel so upset for the loss of such a little ball of fur. Lilly was the best hamster in the world.
She gave us so much joy and we will never forget her.
She gave us so much joy and we will never forget her.
26 comments:
Oh this is so sad, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even the smallest pet can take a big place in a family. I feel bad for your daughter too. You're all in my thoughts, hugs
It is always very sad to lose a family pet, however small. You are quite right, they become that additional family member.
Guido
I'm sorry to hear you lost one of your family members. What a sweet face!
So sorry to hear about your hamster. They are wonderful pets and it reminded me of when I lost mine when I was younger.
When you get a mo Antonella, do pop over to my blog and pick up a special award that I have for you, in thanks for all the hard work that you're doing. It's under the newcomer section. It's in appreciation of all your support. Pleae feel free to polish and share accordingly :-D xxx
It is always hard losing a pet whatever age you are.
I send lots of hugs to yoru family.
I am so sorry for your loss, dear Antonella! Please hug your children for me too. Our own Siopao (a dog) is also a part of our family and I know I will be devastated when he goes. I pray that there is a pet heaven out there where we will meet all our beloved pets again someday.
oh I'm so sorry, its always so sad to lose a pet...
Oh, dear. I am sorry. I know how awfully upsetting it can be, especially when children are so attached. Sally's had two hamsters - wonderful creatures both - and talks about them fondly all the time. There'll be a third when Charlie's just a little older.
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Lilly, please give our best wishes to your daughter. How sad.
please accdept my sympathy, so sorry to hear this. i know how much she meant to you. your dtr is understandably sad right now, praying for all of you.
if you'd like to place her a little tribute & her pic on our Pet Memorial, just email me.
God bless...
My first hamster's name was Henrietta. I will never forget her. I am sorry for this family loss, pets are so precious to us. God Bless!
I'm so sorry for your loss of Lily! It's so hard losing a dear pet. I'll pray for strength & comfort for you all.
Hugs
I'm sorry, Antonella. It's never easy to lose a pet, and they really do become members of the family. Hugs to you and yours.
Beth
I remember our sadness when our daughter's Hamster passed away, even little creatures like those can make a vast impact on us. She was adorable. Rest in peace Lilly
Sorry to hear of this Antonella.
Best wishes,
M
xxoo
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet hamster. I remember losing my hamster as a child...I was devastated as well. Please know that you and your daughter are in my thoughts.
Hugs,
Laura
Che triste! E' terribile perdere i nostri animalucci domestici che ci hanno accompagnato per anni... I am sad for you and your family. Your little pet will remain in your hearts and in your best memories.
Ciao. V.
I'm so sorry, Antonella. It's always so sad to lose a pet :( What a cute hamster, such a sweet face :) Big hugs!
I'm so sorry! Hamster, dog, cat, they're all lovable!
Oh, dear. I am so so very sorry. I have, ever since I found that we both had pets named Lily, felt a connection with your Lily. Hugs to you and all who loved Lily.xo
Ciao Antonella, anche a roma fa freddo e non sembra primavera.
Enzo
Ciao Antonella, hope things are a wee bit better today. A big hug from freezing cold and rainy Scotland.
Un mattino il musino di Maetto mi sembrava triste e io, sulla porta per uscire... Ho preso un giorno di ferie. Lui, il furbone, aveva solo voglia di coccole. Il giorno che mai quel gattone dovesse venire a mancare, una gran parte di me se ne andrà con lui. A ritroso è stato così coi canarini e coi pesci rossi e anche con quel passerotto che ogni Primavera veniva a cantare sul mio balcone. Capisco la tua bimba e sono triste con lei. Dalle un bacio da parte mia.
@Everybody: Thank you to all of you, dear friends, for your lovely words and this overwhelming demonstration of sympathy and affection. I showed your comments to my daughter and she was moved to tears (well, she cries at every mention of Lilly nowadays). Now she is firmly convinced that only a little puppy can help her a bit to get over Lilly's loss! Crafty little girl! Thanks again.
I'm sorry to read this so late, but I hope you little one is doing ok with her loss. A puppy isn't to bad?? They do live a lot lot lot lotlot longer. I speak from vast experience.
big hugs.
xoxo
ym
@YM: Thank very much, dear YM. Vicky is not over her Lilly yet. She's hoping to get a puppy but we are not sure yet. It is a big commitment and as we travel to Italy rather often it is not so pratical. We'll see. All the best. Ciao. A/
Post a Comment